We are currently seeking a Designer to join our team. The Designer’s main responsibilities include: designing railing systems and drafting fabrication drawings, project management and inventory supply management.
- Designing custom railing systems that meet customer specifications, building codes and quality standards.
- Using AutoCAD to create fabrication and submittal drawings.
- Travel to residential and commercial jobsites for field verification and measurements
- Manage railing projects through completion.
- Understanding and applying current building codes relating to guardrails & handrails.
- Procure/order supplies for projects and manage current stock inventory.
- Support sales, fabrication, and installation throughout the project by doing whatever is needed to get the job completed.
- Establish and maintain productive rapport with fabricators and installers.
The candidate who will be successful in this position will be mechanically inclined, quality focused and someone who enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction and solving problems on the fly using their strong critical thinking skills.
- Minimum of 2 years AutoCAD experience
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, retain knowledge and apply toward future work
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office products
- Reliable, dependable, on-time with a positive attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Working in construction for 1-2 years (preferred)
- Experience working in a small business (preferred)
Apex offers a work/life balance environment, a competitive wage (DOE), 100% paid medical insurance for employees, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.